Thursday, December 1, 2011

Artist of the Month - Dec 2011

It's that time again! I thought long and hard about this one all week long and tons of good singers came to mind, but eventually I settled on one that's been stuck in my head for several weeks. A-P's second artist of the month is...

*drum roll*

U2

I really was born into the wrong decade. All the good music came from the 80's! U2 consists of Bono (vocals, guitar), the Edge (guitar, keyboards, vocals - I love that stage name, by the way), Adam Clayton (bass guitar), and Larry Mullen, Jr. (drums, percussion). Remember last month I mentioned how you can identify some artists by the sound of the guitars? It's the same deal here. I can't really describe it, but it's there. These guys are also involved in all kinds of philanthropy, which I'm sure you've heard several times. Their sound is distinctive and their lyrics are pseudo-political with some spiritual undertones...they remind me a little of Don Henley in that respect. Any way you slice it, they're just awesome.


With or Without You
Easily my favorite from the group as well as one of my all-time favorite songs, period.

 



There they are! Have fun!

Your pal,
Angels
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!