Sunday, January 1, 2012

Artist of the Month - Jan 2012

First post of the new year! Time for a new artist! Which one, which one....

January's featured artist and the first artist of 2012 is...

*drum roll*

The Corrs

Another bunch of siblings that rock my socks off! (Did you know they considered going by the name of Cosmic Egg?!) They are Andrea, lead vocals and tin whistle; Sharon, violin, vocals; Caroline, drums, piano, vocals; and Jim, guitar, piano, vocals. They've been going since the nineties, and two of the bunch have since gone off on solo careers, but I prefer to hear them all together. They've got one of the best blends of Celtic and alternative I've come across, and their collaborations always blow me away.

Dreams
I'm so attached to Fleetwood Mac's original I never thought a cover could stack up, but I'm really impressed with this one!



Toss the Feathers
Erin Shore
Old Hag
When the Stars Go Blue (with Bono)

Happy listening, and happy new year! Hope it's a good one for all of you! *throws confetti*

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!