Thursday, January 3, 2013

Artist of the Month - Jan 2013

Here we go! Time for the first one of the new year!

*drum roll*

Lindsey Stirling

The Hip Hop Violinist herself! My fellow Americans might recognize her from the 2010 season of America's Got Talent, but my international audience may not be familiar with her. I first heard of her via her Phantom of the Opera medley, which I later posted on this blog, but I became a fan after hearing and seeing more of her work. She was voted off AGT, and the judges told her she was unmarketable and couldn't fill a theater in Vegas doing what she does...yet YouTube announced last month that the video for her song "Crystallize" was the # 8 top-viewed video of 2012. Ha-HA! She uses hip hop and dubstep in her own composing, but also has some awesome collaborations and covers. She recently went on tour in the US and released her first album (which I'm going to have to download ASAP!) She currently has over 1.2 million subscribers to her YouTube channel (and you're talking to one of them). And she has recently announced a possible European tour. You go, girl!

Song of the Caged Bird
My personal favorite of her original pieces.



Assassin's Creed III cover
Moon Trance
Game of Thrones cover with Peter Hollens
Elements
Phantom of the Opera medley
Crystallize

Happy listening!

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!