Saturday, April 21, 2012

Which Cliche?

Here's a little conundrum that's been bugging me for awhile.

Starts like this: Naive, clueless little ten-year-old me was flipping through the channels one day and came across a movie...I'd heard of Stephen King before and knew just enough about the story to recognize said movie as It. I knew I should probably change the channel fast, but as the first cliche goes, curiosity killed the cat. I left the TV where it was and watched about thirty minutes of a scary-as-heck clown wreaking havoc and all sorts of nasty stuff before Mom came in and took the remote.

Thirty minutes was plenty.

I had nightmares for a week and still have the occasional flashback. To this day, I'm uneasy whenever I see a picture of dear Pennywise the clown. Why do I bring this up? Well, let me circle back to my conundrum and two more cliches. Do I get back on the horse that threw me, or do I let sleeping dogs lie? I could read--and finish--the book and possibly put an old fear to bed, or I could avoid stirring up a hornet's nest (look! Another cliche!) and forget about the whole thing. What to do? What to do?

Is a puzzlement!



Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!