Friday, April 6, 2012

Artist of the Month - Apr 2012

Sorry I'm late...I'm here and accounted for...

So, onto the announcing. Drum roll please!

*drum roll*

Emmy Rossum

Some of you who might happen to read this might already know that Ms. Rossum not only acts, but sings. I first came across her as Christine in the film version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera. She was surprising for being so young and untrained, but I'll probably talk more about that in a later post. Her debut album was released back in 2007 (and she co-wrote nearly every song on it, which is rather impressive), and I'm about to lose my cool waiting for this second album I've heard rumors about for so long. She's a bit like Annie Lennox and Madonna thrown into a blender, classified as ambient and bordering on techno-pop. Here, have a listen!

Stay

For starters, ain't she pretty? For another, this has got to be my favorite song off her album and again, one of my faves, period.


 Inside Out
Lullaby
Don't Stop Now
Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

Happy listening!

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!