Saturday, April 7, 2012

Who Did It Better? (the POTO edition)

It's been awhile since I did one of these...

OK, so you could probably see this particular post coming eventually after I covered Sweeney Todd; I just had to narrow down which song. I'm going with "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" as my Artist of the Month post presented one of the contenders. It's an epic final four, peeps, with all my favorites!

Emmy Rossum


I get that Emmy isn't exactly the most popular Christine to date, but this is far from shabby. Is she as operatic as others in the role? Heck no, but there's still a lightness and purity in her voice that just moved me to tears the first time I heard this. I say it's a keeper!

Gina Beck


I don't even have words for this. I really don't. No, wait! Do "heart-wrenching" and "painfully beautiful" count? And you should hear her rendition of "Think Of Me!"

Rebecca Caine


Holy Punjabs, I get goosebumps just thinking about that one. Ms. Caine has one of those voices that haunt you, and when she gets to "Why can't the past just die" I have to brace myself every time. And that final note! She starts out soft then turns it loose, and I love it!

Sierra Boggess

WYWSHA 

Had to settle with a link here, and it's only audio, but still...WOW! This one's from the 25th anniversary concert, and it was without a doubt one of the best dang parts of the show! The accent is a little...iffy, but there's not a single flippin' thing wrong with the singing! I was bawling at this one! I'm taking sides on this one and saying that this is my favorite, hands down and no questions asked!

Where do you stand?

Your pal,
Angels




No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!