Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Artist of the Month - August 2012

 I've realized how bored I am with introductions, so I'll do away with them this time. August's featured artist is, drum roll, please!

*drum roll*

Hadley Fraser

Oh dear Lord have mercy, this man is incredible! He's a musical theater actor with such roles under his belt as Raoul (The Phantom of the Opera), Marius and Javert (Les Miserables), and El Gallo (The Fantasticks), and he's also a talented singer/songwriter. Some of my audience might know this, but he and Ramin Karimloo formed a group known as Sheytoons, playing a mix of folk and bluegrass. He's releasing an album sometime...next year, I think...and that's yet another one I'll have to add to my wish list.

How Many Times

This is one of those he wrote himself, and the performance was Sheytoons' recent concert in Ontario. What I would have given to be there for that!



The Best Is Yet to Come
On Constellation Street 
I'll Be There (from The Pirate Queen)
Born to the Battle (from The Far Pavilions)
Try to Remember (from The Fantasticks)

I had to cut myself off, or I'd be posting videos all day long. Happy listening!

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!