Monday, October 1, 2012

Artist of the Month - October 2012

It's that time again! And I've been saving this one for a looooooong time...drum roll, please!

*drum roll*

Danny Elfman

October just seemed like the perfect month for this one! Former lead singer of the group Oingo Boingo (but I wouldn't know squat about that, I just thought the name was catchy), film and television composer, and occasional voice actor, he's best known for his work composing the themes for The Simpsons and the theme for Tim Burton's Batman. I knew him first as the singing voice of Jack Skellington, of course. And hey, I didn't know this one! His first round of film scoring was for Pee-wee's Big Adventure! In fact, go over his filmography on Wikipedia, and there's lots to find! He's scored all but two Tim Burton films (one of them due to its already having a composer...*wink wink*) along with Scrooged, Black Beauty, Men In Black (but that one makes sense when you think about it), Flubber, Spider-Man (that one was super cool, by the way), Charlotte's Web, Real Steel, and heaps and bunches of others. You get the idea. I just love his music...hence why he's my featured artist this month, right?

This Is Halloween

It had to be this one! It had to be! I grew up on The Nightmare Before Christmas, so I'm already biased, and besides, it's the season for it! (And I repeat: stop motion animation ROCKS.)



The Simpsons theme song
Spider-Man theme
Victor's Piano Solo (from Corpse Bride)
Black Beauty theme
What's This? (from The Nightmare Before Christmas)

Aaaaand....that's enough. Happy listening!

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!