Friday, October 25, 2013

30 Week Phantom Challenge: Week 4

Who is your least favorite character overall?

 That would be Joseph Buquet in any version he pops up in. He's only mentioned in the novel as the stagehand who hanged himself in the cellar (correction: discovered in the cellar, because we all know what really happened, don't we?). In the musical, he's a gossip in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't buy how Joel Schumacher tried to play him off as a sleaze in the movie so it seemed like he deserved what he got, when he got it, and while I've heard theories that Buquet in the movie was a threat to the girls of the ballet--and for some reason, Christine in particular--again, I don't buy it. I just don't care about him. He's such a minor part of the story, hardly more than a plot point when you think about it.

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!