Monday, September 3, 2012

Artist of the Month - September 2012

I'm a few days late...what of it?

*drum roll*

Daughtry

As it turns out, to get the better music career, you have to be voted off American Idol. Apart from three winning contestants, all the runners-up have had a better time of it! Take Chris Daughtry, for example. He was one of my favorites on the only other season I followed (aside from David Cook's year), and came in fourth, yet he's the third most successful contestant to date after Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood...and those gals came in first, so he's not done shabby! He landed a record deal and formed the band called, you guessed it, Daughtry. The group has released three albums since their inception, with their debut being the fastest selling rock album in Soundscan history. Holy cow! They've been touring constantly for about five years now, and Chris and Co. have co-written most of their songs with some pretty huge names in modern rock, ranging from Rob Thomas to Chad Kroeger to Tyler Connolly. Well played, boys!

September

As always, I've chosen my personal favorite to showcase directly in the post. To be honest, though, I've had to choose and re-choose favorites from this group from the get-go. They're that good! (Well, at least I think so...) Plus, this song is kind of fitting for this month, and I'm editing this post to make that statement because I only just noticed it.



Feels Like Tonight
What About Now
No Surprise
Over You

Happy listening!

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!