Monday, July 9, 2012

Artist of the Month - July 2012

Ok, NOW I'm sorry I'm late. Onto the announcing! Drum roll, please.

*drum roll*

Carlene Carter

Daughter of country legend June Carter and stepdaughter of Johnny Cash, this gal has released twelve albums and over twenty singles and has since dropped off the radar quite a bit, minus a few concerts and...ahem...a traffic stop back in 2001. *tsk tsk* That being said, I still enjoy her music quite a bit. She's got just enough of that country twang that flavors her voice, but doesn't drive me insane, she co-writes most of her songs, and she also plays guitar. In fact, her last acoustic show in 2008 was her first performance in thirty years that she took the stage all on her lonesome.

Every Little Thing

Disregard any covers. This is the original, and it's the best. It's also a good one for when you're having a little party-of-one when you're at home alone; you know, when you dance around in the kitchen and sing at the top of your lungs and don't care if the neighbors hear you!



Unbreakable Heart
I Love You 'Cause I Want To
Love Like This
The Sweetest Thing
Easy From Now On

Happy listening!

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!