Saturday, December 1, 2012

Artist of the Month - December 2012

A return to regular posts! Isn't it marvelous! Well, regular features, at least, with some NaNo still rolling...anyway, it's been too long! Drum roll, please!

*drum roll*

Bon Jovi

Crap, now I gotta give the bio...you know, on the chance someone around here hasn't heard of them. All right, basically a rock band from New Jersey formed in the 80's that hit it big with their third album Slippery When Wet (which is a really good one, BTW). The 2000 single "It's My Life" brought more attention from the younger generations, as every kid growing up in those days has heard that song at least half a dozen times. The track record thus far is eleven studio albums, three compilation albums, one live album, and over 130 albums sold worldwide. They were given the Award of Merit at the American Music Awards in 2004 (I know! I watched it!) and in 2009, members Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora were inducted into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame.

Livin' On a Prayer

Ick, don't ask me to pick just one favorite song, but this one is my anthem lately, so rock on!



It's My Life - another little anthem of mine...
You Give Love a Bad Name
Have a Nice Day  - this video introduced what became their trademark smirk logo
Wanted Dead or Alive - this one gained recent popularity after its inclusion in an (awesome) episode of Supernatural. You know, just a little fun fact...
Blaze of Glory
Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore (featuring LeAnn Rimes)

I think I picked a good one to get back on track with! Happy listening!

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!