Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Artist of the Month - May 2012

I'm really excited about this one, not the least because I not only got it posted on time, but early! (Scheduled posts...so beautiful...)

Anyhoodles, onto the announcing, and can I get a drum roll, please?

*drum roll*

John Owen-Jones

Yippee! Told you it was a good one! Technically, he's a musical-theater actor, but with two albums already out...and a THIRD one freshly released...he counts as a recording artist in my book. So there. He's best known for playing Jean Valjean in Les Misérables and the Phantom in The Phantom of the Opera, and actually played Valjean in the 25th anniversary tour of Les Mis. Yeah, that one passed through town, and I'm still P.O.'d that I missed it! Grrr! And do my eyes deceive me? Does Wikipedia tell me he was in productions of The Merchant of Venice and The Sound of Music? Awesome! At the moment, he's part of the new Phantom tour in the UK, the lucky devils, and I'm left sticking a couple videos on a stupid little blog...ain't life something?

Myfanwy

I don't speak Welsh...at all...but I can still drown in that voice. Indeed, I already do! 


The Music of the Night
Bring Him Home
Someone to Fall Back On
Last Night of the World

Happy listening, 'cause it's for darn sure that I'm loving every second of this!

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!