Thursday, May 17, 2012

Who Did It Better? ("Billie Jean")

I've been meaning to do this one for ages, and I can't think of anything else to do at the moment, so here we go! One classic pop tune turned rock ballad coming right up!

Michael Jackson original


Is that dance music or what? I can't resist that beat, which is a darn shame as I can't really dance...It's rollicking and a lot of fun, and paints the picture of poor, poor judgement rather nicely, don't you think? And of course, it always gets stuck in my head!



David Cook cover


 This was the moment I knew David C. was going to win his season of American Idol (I don't generally approve of Idol as a rule, but that season actually...didn't suck, for the record...). Holy crap! It's the same song, but it feels entirely different! Michael's version has the atmosphere of a shucks-won't-make-that-mistake-again one night stand, but here it's more like dude-what-the-&#*%-were-you-thinking?! It's got soul! And it's super bad! (Sorry, another bad joke...) I cast my vote for this one!

Now what about you?

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!