Sunday, May 20, 2012

Eep! Can't Wait!

Ah, what the heck. I'm gonna tell you what movies I happen to be looking forward to! You don't mind, you say? Super! Of course, I still have to get off my keister and see Underworld: Awakening, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Dark Shadows, and The Raven, but that doesn't mean I can't be geared up for more, does it?

Snow White and the Huntsman

This looks to be a stylized return to the fairy tale's rather bleaker origins as opposed to a Disney confection. Mom's more interested in Mirror Mirror with Julia Roberts, but as a fantasy/action/adventure nerd, this one's what I'm keeping my eyes on...and keeping my fingers crossed for some Peter Jackson-esque epic battle sequences. Don't give me that look, I love that stuff! And you can't tell me that "lips red as blood/hair black as night" sounds a bit more intriguing than the classic "lips red as the rose/hair black as ebony," now can you?



The Hobbit

Now what was that about Peter Jackson? Finally! Ten years after LOTR we get Bilbo's story! I've mentioned this before, but I really think Martin Freeman will make a promising Bilbo. I may be biased, since I think he also makes an excellent Watson in Sherlock, but I'm still really excited about it. And can a two-part movie mean that there's little to no abridgement, so to speak? And if there was nothing else to be giddy about...Ian McKellen as Gandalf! Again! And Cate Blanchett as Galadriel! Again! And oodles more! All over again! Yippee!



Coriolanus

So, technically, this one has already been released, but it was more of a select-cities thing over here...which is annoying the dickens out of me. 'Scuse me, Mr. Fiennes, but can we PLEASE get a widespread US opening here? They got one in the UK, the lucky ducks! It got awesome reviews and was nominated for a few awards! What's the problem? I was going to re-read the play to get prepped for this! (Sidenote: isn't it amazing how versatile and timeless Shakespeare is, even centuries after his career?) PLEEEAAASE???



Les Miserables

All right, so here's the one I'm really really really really really excited about. I've read the book, I've fallen in love with the music, and now I hear that there's a movie still in production...I can wait however long is necessary, so long as I get to see this thing! I've been stalking the boards for a good long while for news on this, I've followed just about every casting rumor (and I'm REALLY excited about quite a few of the cast members), and...well...Hugh Jackman singing again! Woo-hoo! And another Woo-hoo! Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Sacha Baron Cohen, Helena Bonham Carter...they're not messing around, are they? No trailers yet, but there's some tantalizing stuff rolling around if you know where to look. I really gotta put something up, though, as it's in my contract *snicker* so how about a poster?



Your pal,
Angels



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!