Saturday, June 9, 2012

Who Did It Better? ("Best I Ever Had")

I honestly didn't plan on doing another one of these so soon, but I honestly couldn't come up with anything else at the moment. Anyway, another great song for you!

Vertical Horizon original


Actually, I didn't even know this was the original. Up until two years ago, I was under the impression that the Gary Allan version I'd been listening to was the original! Now, I think I prefer this one...there's more to enjoy in the vocals even though there's barely a difference between the two of them. Let me demonstrate!

Gary Allan cover


I like the steel and acoustic guitars, the violin, and the video, but I've been listening to Allan's twang for too long not to appreciate a change every now and then. I don't think it's a coincidence this song came out when it did, which gives it some eerie significance when you listen to this version. That in itself still gives me goosebumps.

What do you think? Which one?

Your pal,
Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, talk to me! Don't be shy!